Thursday, July 19, 2012

First book defeated!

A good start to a long list of tasks. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, one of the world's most popular novels, was the first book on my To Do list, and it is the first book on my way to victory! If you have seen the movie based off of this book starring Keira Knightley, then you truly need to read this amazing book! Jane Austen made an great novel of a Elizabeth Bennet, an independent, strong girl who has a way with words, and the dashing and arrogant Mr. Darcy as they try to hide their feelings for one another. Along the ride comes many unique characters that make lasting impressions on the minds of everyone who finds the time to read this divine book. There is a writing in the texts in a way that people don't talk any more; for example, " He could not conceive an angel more beautiful.". I couldn't put the description of the book better than the writing on the back cover...
 "Humorous and profound, and filled with highly entertaining dialogue, this witty comedy of manners dips and turns through drawing-rooms and  plots to reach an immensely satisfying finale."
If I may suggest for my younger viewers, oddly enough, watch the movie first before you read the book. Please consider that the way this book was written was for those who have a incite on the "Old English" as some would say. It would be a great road to travel where you read the book and then see the movie, but I shall not deny that this read is a little tough to see through(take if from a high school student). I shall tell you that the book gives amazing incite on the true ending, as well as details, characters, history, and so much more. It gives great advice that was used then that is still effective in today's times. Out of all the books that I have read in my lifetime, I will give this book a solid 9 out of 10! I'm afraid that I could go on and on about how good this book is, but I wish not to take up all your time when you can just read it and find out for yourself. Let the rave of Austen-mania begin with a bang!
   "You must learn of my philosophy.  Think only of the past as its remembrance gives you pleasure."
                      ~Pride and Prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment